Task 4: The Hunger Games

Sir Alberola
This post was updated on .
Dear students,

Welcome back! Today's class we are going to talk about the conditionals. We are going to follow the same structure as in the previous class. Answer the following questions.

1) What if you were in a survival situation like Katniss? How owuld you feel if you went to the hunger games? If you had to choose 3 things to help you survive in the wilderness what would they be and why?  Write a short paragraph using the unreal conditional form giving clear descriptions and reasons.

2) Watch the scene about "the scoring scene" and express your opinion. Would you have done the same as Katniss? why? What would you have done in a different way?

Then ask 2 questions and answer two questions too.

Re: Task 4: The Hunger Games

Nestor
I don't really know how i would feel because it's not a tipical situation, but probably I would feel frightened and nervous i think i would have a problem while I'm sleeping due to the nervous i can't relax and sleep because of they can kill me while I'm sleeping and i culdn't do nothing.

if i have to try three things, i would take a gun with a lot of amo because it's a really quick weapone, a crossbow because it's a silence weapon and i could kill someone without his team meate noticed, and a knife because it's a very useful thing.

I won't do it as the same way as Katniss because it was a dangerous thing. I would tell them if they see the arrow and i would try to hit it.

Re: Task 4: The Hunger Games

Leire Gorrotxategi
1-. If I went to the hunger games, I would feel scared but maybe a little bit excited. If I had to choose 3 things to help me survive, I would take a knife, a gun and a bow with some arrows.

2-. If I had been in the same scene as Katniss, I would have scored a bullseye.

Re: Task 4: The Hunger Games

Helena Balle
1)  If I went to the hunger games , I would feel really frightened and scared.
If I had to choose 3 things to help me, I would take something to extract water from the trees, probably a gun or a similar weapon and a good shoes for all the grounds.

2) If I had been in the same situation as Katniss I would have said to the judges that pay attention to me and I would have done the best things I can do but I'm really bad shooting.

Re: Task 4: The Hunger Games

maria del mar
hi everyone!

1. if i were in a survival situation like katniss, i would feel scared and alone. and i choose 3 things , that things were a bow with a lot of arrows, food and water and a knife.

2. In the scene of the scores I think that not having seen the others is not known if it is well punctuated but as Katniss is the main character has to have the highest score.Probably would continue shooting the arrows at the targets, and would not pay much attention to the people who were there.

Re: Task 4: The Hunger Games

Yess
1-) If I were Katniss I will try to survive of anyway, using inteligence and instinct. And if I were in the Katniss situation I will think and act like she. If I went to the hunger games I would survive for mi family and for myself, obviously.
If I have to choose 3 things for help me, it would be clothes, a knife and a rope.
2-) If I had in the situation of Katniss, I would have do the same as Katniss, because they were laughting and it would give me strength and rage for demostrate that I am good.
In a different way, If I were shy and slacker I probably would have to hide from the others and wait.

Re: Task 4: The Hunger Games

Laura
1) If I were Katniss I would do everything he could to survive. I would use intelligence and reason. When I going to the games of hunger, I would feel very nervous and terrified at the same time.

If I have to choose 3 objects to help me: a knife to cut food or defend me in case they attack me, clothes to adapt to any weather and some binoculars to see from afar.

2)Yes, I would do exactly the same as she because I don't want people to get over me. It would be rude to pass from a person who is doing a test.

Re: Task 4: The Hunger Games

marina
If I was in the same situation as Katniss i would have killed some persons but it's no correct, because it was some childrens and they did not deserve to die.
if i had risked my live in the hunger games i wouldn't have lived and i feel very bad.
If i was in the wilderness I would have used a hundgun, a medicine and poison.
I used this, because at sometime time an animal or an another opponent atacked me.

Re: Task 4: The Hunger Games

Joan
1)If I went to the hunger games I would feel anxious and excited.
I would choose a mace, a casserole pot and a flint and steal.

2)No, if they didn't pay attention to me I would shoot someone in his/her hand.

Re: Task 4: The Hunger Games

Nikol Kirkova
Hi everyone!

1) If I went to the Hunger Games like Katniss, I would feel very scared and bewildered. If I were good with weapons, I would choose a gun with a lot of bullets, a sword or a knife and a rope. The gun and the sword would be for fighting and the rope to make traps.

2) I think Kitniss made the right decision because they weren't paying attention to her. If I were as good as Katniss with the bow, I would have done the same. Maybe they could have got mad or maybe they could have given me the highest score because of my strong character and they need that in the Games.

Re: Task 4: The Hunger Games

Joan Chong
1) If I went to the hunger games, I would feel nervious and very pressure. If I had to choose 3 things, I would catch swords, a mountain rope, and bow and arrow.

2) No. Because I think would have that would have toched the face of the boss.

Re: Task 4: The Hunger Games

Aina Gelabert
Hello!
If I were in a survivel situation,I would feel very tense and worried.If I need to choose 3 things,I would choose a first-aid kid,a handgun and a bulletproof vest

I think Katniss made the best decision because, the jury didn’t pay attention to her.I would do the same as Katniss.

Re: Task 4: The Hunger Games

Rocío Villar

1. If I went to the Hunger Games, I would feel very scared and frightened but in another way I would feel very enthusiastic because is an incredible experince. If I had to choose 3 things, I would take a object to extract water of the trees, a bow with arrows with diferents functions and something to climb the trees.

2. If I had been in the same situation as Katniss I would do another thing as shoot to the bulls eye

Re: Task 4: The Hunger Games

Nikol A
1) What if you were in a survival situation like Katniss? If you had to choose 3 things to help you survive in the wilderness what would they be and why? Write a short paragraph using the unreal conditional form giving clear descriptions and reasons.

If I were in her situation I don't know very well how to behave and what do, but sure that I would be very very scared, sad and confused.  I would be very motivate to survive and win, too.

If I have to choose 3 things to help me in the wilderness, I had to choose  a handgun, medicine and warm clothes.  I had to choose a handgun for protected me, the medicine, in case that I need something or I were injury, and the warm clothes for change the broke clothes that I had  were in the start.

2) Watch the scene about "the scoring scene" and express your opinion. Would you have done the same as Katniss? why? What would you have done in a different way?

Yes , I would have done the same, because I think that the judges have to know that I, in this case, can shoot very well and I that they reaction doesn't good and accetable.

Re: Task 4: The Hunger Games

Megan elsner
1-If I were in the games of hunger I would try to survive until the last to see my family again.

 b)I would feel scared but wanting to give my best and make a good game

c) If I had to carry 3 things would be a couple of packages of matches to make  fire and be able to cook the food, warm up, see in the dark and attack the enemies.The second I would take a sword to attack the enemies, kill animals to eat them and cut plants to be alert to any threat and the last thing I would wear would be good shoes to be able to walk on any surface

Re: Task 4: The Hunger Games

David De La Fuente
1) If went to the hunger games I would feel scared.
 I would choose a knife, bow and arrow and hand-grenade.

2)No because If I fall, I probably kill some one.